Waterco's award winning Multicyclone is a brilliant pre-filtration device that works on the basis of centrifugal water filtration and is designed with no moving parts and no filter media to clean or replace.
Specifically designed for commercial applications that require higher pressure rating.
MultiCyclone is a brilliant new pre-filtration device that can save water, and minimise pool filter maintenance.
Based on the principals of centrifugal water filtration, MultiCyclone filters up to 80% of the pool's dirt load before it reaches the pool filter and only requires 15 litres of water to cleanse.
- Minimise filter maintenance and saves water
- No filter media to clean or replace
- Suitable for new and existing installations
- Outstanding pressure rating of 690kPa (1000PSI)
- 2 year warranty
- Incoming water enters 16 hydro cyclones tangentially, generating a strong centrifugal effect.
- The sediment is spun out to the hydro cyclone's wall, and then spirals down to the sediment chamber.
- The filtered water migrates towards the centre of the hydro cyclone where the flow reverses and spirals upwards through the outlet.
- Accumulation of sediment can be visibly monitored through the MultiCyclone's clear sediment chamber.
Minimise Backwash Frequency
The installation of a MultiCyclone as a pre-filter to a sand filter can reduce its backwash frequency to once per year, resulting in a saving of up to 7000 litres of water per year for an average domestic sized swimming pool.
Advantages of MultiCyclone
Particle removal efficiency
- MultiCyclone is placed at the initial stage of the filtration system to pre-filter up to 80% of incoming dirt load, before reaching the media or cartridge filter.
Ease filter workload
- As the MultiCyclone intercepts the first stage of heavy dirt load, it then eases the workload of the media or cartridge filter so that the flow rate remains unchanged.
Ease of installation
- The MultiCyclone can be installed vertically and directly onto the discharge port of the water pump. The compact size reduces the footprint of the equipment pad and even when the MultiCyclone is filled with water, it is light weight for handling.
Minimise backwash frequency
- The installation of a MultiCyclone as a pre-filter to a media to a media filter can reduce its backwash frequency, resulting in significant water saving per year.
Minimise cartridge cleaning and replacement
- The installation of a MultiCyclone as a pre-filter to a cartridge cleaning and replacement depending on the size of the filter cartridge.
The MultiCyclone is easily cleaned by opening its purge valve. Only 15 litres of water is discharges to cleanse the MultiCyclone,